Tackle two common bacterial gene expression hurdles: protein insolubility and codon bias.
- Low-growth temperatures (or cold-adapted technology) enhance protein folding and solubility; Cells are derived from the high-performance Agilent BL21-Gold competent cells
- Feature chaperonins Cpn60 and Cpn10 to facilitate proper folding
- Chaperonins confer improved protein processing at lower temperatures, potentially increasing the yield of active, soluble recombinant protein
- Low-growth temperatures enhance protein folding and solubility
- Dramatically improves expression for AT-rich or GC-rich genomes when codon bias is a problem
- Compatible lac, tac, and trc promoter-driven expression vectors
ArcticExpress (D3) Competent Cells are engineered to address the common bacterial gene expression hurdle of protein insolubility. These cells are derived from the high-performance Agilent BL21-Gold competent cells, enabling efficient high-level expression of heterologous proteins in Escherichia coli.
Forced high-level expression of a heterologous protein in E. coli can result in the production of large amounts of incorrectly folded protein, generating aggregates of inactive protein known as inclusion bodies. While the aggregated protein may be easy to purify, obtaining active protein from inclusion bodies typically requires protein-specific and labor-intensive in vitro re-folding steps, with no guarantee of obtaining biologically active product. ArcticExpress (D3) competent cells provide an in vivo approach to increasing the yield of soluble protein produced in E. coli.
In addition to enhancing protein solubility, Agilent has combined its cold-adapted technology with the premiere BL21-CodonPlus competent cells to further increase your chances of protein expression success. ArcticExpress RIL and RP Competent Cells, featuring CodonPlus technology, are engineered to simultaneously address two common bacterial gene expression hurdles: protein insolubility and codon bias. These cells are derived from Agilent’s high-performance BL21-Gold competent cell line, enabling efficient high-level expression of heterologous proteins in Escherichia coli. ArcticExpress RIL and RP strains are engineered to contain extra copies of genes that encode the tRNAs that most frequently limit translation. Availability of these limiting tRNAs allows high-level expression of many heterologous recombinant genes that are poorly expressed in conventional BL21 strains.
ArcticExpress RP and ArcticExpress (DE3)RP cells contain extra copies of the argU and proL genes. These genes encode tRNAs that recognise the arginine codons AGA and AGG and the proline codon CCC. The ArcticExpress RP strains have available the tRNAs that most frequently restrict translation of heterologous proteins of organisms that have GC-rich genomes.
Bitte beachten For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.