3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plates simplify and accelerate detection. Featuring a new indicator technology that makes colonies easier to interpret, these completely sample-ready plates return results in just 48 hours.
- Utilizes the convenience and efficiency of the 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plate platform
- Proven cost effective tool for the detection of yeast and mold
- Results in 48 hours
- Proven as reliable as DRBC and DG-18 spread plate methods, as well as acidified PDA and YGC agar pour plate methods
- Can be used with both low and high water activity foods
- Eliminates the need for the labor intensive, multiple plate spread plate technique
- Versatility for air, swab or surface contact environmental sampling
Yeasts and molds can grow in a wide range of conditions on your raw materials, products and process environment, making them difficult to control. Complicating matters is the five-day incubation period required by traditional agar methods. However, 3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plates are ready in just 48 hours.