Cyclodextrin phases for GC enantiomer separation.
- HYDRODEX β-3P · heptakis-(2,6-di-O-methyl-3-O-pentyl)-β-cyclodextrin
- HYDRODEX β-6TBDE · heptakis-(2,3-di-O-ethyl-6-O-t-butyldimethylsilyl)-β-cyclodextrin
- HYDRODEX β-6TBDM · heptakis-(2,3-di-O-methyl-6-O-t-butyldimethylsilyl)-β-cyclodextrin
- HYDRODEX β-PM · heptakis-(2,3,6-tri-O-methyl)-β-cyclodextrin
- HYDRODEX β-TBDAc · heptakis-(2,3-di-O-acetyl-6-O-t-butyldimethylsilyl)-β-cyclodextrin
- HYDRODEX γ-DiMOM · octakis-(2,3-di-O-methoxymethyl-6-O-t-butyldimethylsilyl)-γ-cyclodextrin
- HYDRODEX γ-TBDAc · octakis-(2,3-di-O-acetyl-6-O-t-butyldimethylsilyl)-γ-cyclodextrin
HYDRODEX phases have a relative high melting point due to a dilution of the cyclodextrin with polysiloxanes.
Maximum temperature for isothermal operation 220 °C, max. temperature for short isotherms in a temperature program 240 °C.
Cyclodextrin phases have a broad range of chiral applications. Furthermore, they have the advantage that many compounds can be analysed without derivatisation. But please consider, in chiral GC it is not possible to make a general prediction, which phase could solve a given separation task.