Sera-Xtracta Cell-Free DNA Kit for the efficient extraction and purification of cell-free DNA (cfDNA) from plasma.
- Efficient recovery of small fragment cfDNA in the size range of 50 to 300 bp: Capture more cfDNA to increase sensitivity levels
- Minimal co-purification of higher molecular weight genomic DNA due to active selection of smaller fragments which improves sensitivity in downstream applications
- Scalability: One kit to cover 0,5 to 4 ml input of plasma
- Efficient extraction: Procedure can be completed in less than 120 minutes
- Ease of use: Compatible with molecular biology techniques, including next generation sequencing (NGS), qPCR, ddPCR, BEAMing and other amplification and genotyping applications
Designed to select small fragment cfDNA while minimising genomic DNA contamination, Sera-Xtracta Cell-Free DNA Kit offers efficient extraction and purification of cfDNA from plasma. High yield and sensitivity make the kit well suited for applications such as cancer diagnosis and monitoring where sample is precious.
The method uses chaotropic agents and detergents to disrupt protein components to which the cfDNA may initilally bind and to promote the selective binding of this cfDNA to the silica magnetic beads.
Proteinase K is used to digest protein from samples; denatured contaminants are easily removed by subsequent washing of the silica beads with specially formulated wash buffers. Proteinase K treatment is also required to release the cfDNA from plasma-derived blood collected in tubes with cfDNA stabilisation, such as Cell Free DNA BCT™ (Streck™) for reversal of the stabilisation/release of cfDNA.
The purified cfDNA is eluted in a low ionic strength buffer, at a concentration suitable for most downstream molecular biology applications, such as next-generation sequencing (NGS). Automation scripts available, please contact Scientific Support.
Sera-Xtracta Cell-Free DNA Kit is supported by Cytiva's expertise in Sera-Mag bead technology.