The 3M™ Petrifilm™ Lactic acid bacteria count plate is a time-saving, sample-ready plate designed to determine total lactic acid bacteria populations in food and environmental samples.
- Results in 48 hours of incubation time
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating all the time-consuming steps of preparing media/agar dishes
- Self-contained anaerobic environment enabled by oxygen-scavenging technology and oxygen-barrier films No gas packs, chambers, or CO₂ incubators needed
- This plate has been awarded Performance Tested Method (PTM) #041701 for slected foods and NF VALIDATION 3M 01/19-11/17 by AFNOR Certification for all human foods (excluding yogurts) and industrial environmental samples
- All-in-one method for differentiation of gas-producing colonies without Durham tubes or extra steps
- Proven reliability versus MRS and APT agar methods Can be used to test a broad range of foods and environmental samples
- Food processors and contract labs worldwide trust 3M Petrifilm Plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results
Introducing the first self contained anaerobic plates for lactic acid bacteria testing: 3M™ Petrifilm™ Lactic acid bacteria count plates. Every day, food processors, retailers and consumers are forced to throw out food spoiled with lactic acid bacteria. These normally useful bacteria can cause undesirable changes to ready to eat meats and seafood, dressings and sauces, vegetables and many other processed foods. This not only contributes to food waste and costly recalls, but can also damage your brand reputation.
3M science brings you a better way to test for lactic acid bacteria in your food products, raw materials and production environment without the hassle of traditional agar methods - 3M™ Petrifilm™ lactic acid bacteria count plates. These ready to use plates simplify the testing process and give accurate results in less time, helping you reduce waste, minimise recalls and protect your reputation in the marketplace. Now you can get true anaerobic results using standard aerobic incubation conditions. The self contained anaerobic environment in this plate enhances the recovery of lactic acid bacteria, providing fast, accurate results for effective control of product quality and shelf life.
In today’s environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer review publications. For more than 35 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates. That’s because 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates have streamlined, standardised and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.